Job #: 10107
Title: Senior MySQL Database Administrator
Duration: Direct Permanent Hire
Our Portland based client is actively seeking a senior Database and Systems Administrator. This hands-on technical position will report directly to the CTO and be part of a team that has a track record of successfully launching and growing technology companies. The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage the production MySQL database and supporting infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer and maintain MySQL database and schedule jobs
- Maintain database backups and replication to ensure availability
- Maintain day-to-day database operations and documentation of critical 24x7 production systems.
- Respond to database alerts and support calls after normal business work hours and on the weekends.
- Perform scheduled after-hours tasks as required.
- Ensure appropriate storage and database redundancy is maintained in overall infrastructure.
- Ensure database systems are in compliance with internal and customer security policies.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the following systems:
- MySQL databases
- Five or more years in MySQL database administration
- Strong technical expertise with Linux operating system and familiarity with storage systems
- Ability to function effectively as an active member of a small technical team and to work independently as projects require
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business objectives and to be flexible in a small, early-stage entrepreneurial company.