Job #: 10107
Title: Senior MySQL Database Administrator
Duration: Direct Permanent Hire
Our Portland based client is actively seeking a senior Database and Systems Administrator. This hands-on technical position will report directly to the CTO and be part of a team that has a track record of successfully launching and growing technology companies.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage the production MySQL database and supporting infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Database administration - install, configure, upgrade, backup, and monitor MySQL databases.
- Maintain database backups and replication to ensure availability.
- Maintain day-to-day database operations and documentation of critical 24x7 production systems.
- Respond to database alerts and support calls after normal business work hours and on the weekends.
- Perform scheduled after-hours tasks as required.
- Ensure that appropriate storage and database redundancy is maintained in overall infrastructure.
- Ensure that database systems are in compliance with internal and customer security policies.
- Five or more years in MySQL database administration.
- Strong technical expertise with Linux operating system and familiarity with storage systems.
- Ability to function effectively as an active member of a small technical team and to work independently as projects require.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business objectives and to be flexible in a small, early-stage entrepreneurial company.
- Strong technical expertise with SQL language.
- Proven success supporting databases in a 24/7 production.
- Experience with data extraction, dump and loads.
- Serve as an escalation point for any defined database issues regarding performance, security, or ongoing maintenance.
- Automate various DBA tasks.
- Optimize database performance.
- Work with developers and systems engineers to troubleshoot and optimize queries and performance bottlenecks.
- Help architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges, including application performance, scalability, and security. This includes schema, index and key design and enterprise application architecture.
- Create instrumentation/monitoring solutions to gain insight into existing application and database performance and to understand emerging issues.