# 8564- Software Developer 2
Specialty in Reports and Analytics Developer
Located in Portland, OR, duration start 12 months- -multi years contract
Application Dateline is by 06/19
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract position is located in the Data Integration and Reporting (JSR) organization of the IT department at our client’s This position will support new and existing reports development for several ongoing projects within IT as well as address outstanding Customer Relationship Management (CRM) items. The position will also provide support of operations and maintenance of application servers and the reporting infrastructure.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Gather project technical requirements and perform design, development and testing tasks for fixed and analytic reports utilizing team standard procedures; gather document reporting requirements and develop reports for projects.
- Collaborate with technical team members and customers in order to translate user requirements from both internal and external clients into functional capability; confirm JSR resources are available to provide representation to organizations within
- Develop static and dynamic reports from a three-tier client-server application that uses a web server, application server and SQL or Oracle database engine architecture.
- Write scripts and/or modify Microsoft Visual Studio methodology templates to provide customization of check-in policies, custom reports and repetitive testing.
- Create and modify existing reports and Hyperion Dashboards using the Oracle/Hyperion Interactive Reporting Studio and Dashboard Studio.
- Troubleshoot and communicate report interoperability problems in existing web-driven applications using SQL as the backend for data access.
- Develop presentation layers in concert with customer requirements and best practices and approaches.
- Act as a point of contact and oversee technical schedule segments to validate project milestones are completed on-time by escalating issues to the team lead and project manager.
- Provide issue resolution in coordination with the team lead and project manager.
- Assist with application server duties such as performing setup, installations, and/or operational maintenance of application report servers in an enterprise reporting IT environment.
- Assist with defining standards, processes and procedures for Reporting Services.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolution of software/system problems as they occur, taking a proactive approach to resolve issues before they become major problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information/Computer Technology or related technical discipline is preferred (Bachelor’s degree can be substituted for 2 years’ required experience – see below).
- This is a Level 2 positon:3 - 7 years’ experience in Computer/Information Technology or related field is required (1-5 years with Bachelor’s degree, as specified above).
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) for Microsoft.NET certification is desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, including Microsoft Office 2010 is required.
- Demonstrated experience with the following is required:
- SQL Reporting Services 2012 or later
- Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012 or later
- Microsoft SQL Database RDBMS
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 or later
- Data Modeling/Dimensional Modeling/ER Diagrams
- Java/VB Scripting
- Report Design / Information Design Skills
- Database Design Skills
The following skills are desirable:
- Power BI Desktop
- Web design, content layout
- HTML background
- SharePoint design experience
- SDS (System Design Specification) experience
- Software development coordination with clients and management
- Oracle/Hyperion Interactive Reporting Studio and Dashboard Studio
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Oracle/Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management System or equivalent Business Intelligence solutions.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services/Analysis Services or equivalent related technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in both writing and oral presentations on technical subjects.
- Maintain open and positive communications with clients.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem-solving abilities.
- Understand and follow established processes and procedures including Change Management, Work Tracking, Property Tracking and Time Management.
- Meet timelines, milestones, and deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates.
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
- Provide a sustainable IT infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the service area unless approved by the Supplemental Labor Management Office (SLMO). Contract personnel must keep their employer informed of their work location at all times and must coordinate any changes with their employer and SLMO before the change occurs.
- This position is full time (up to 40 hours per week); may be required to work non-core hours when requested.
- In the Event of a Continuity of Operations (COOP) Exercise or Incident, the contract worker will be required to work off site to provide production support per roles and responsibilities outlined in the Organizational COOP Plans. This is subject to the completion of a Supplemental Labor COOP Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- Upon selection to the assignment, the worker may be required to complete internal/external training to support assigned equipment, programs, or software, software upgrades, or to learn new technology.
- Must posses a valid U.S. driver’s license.