Job #: 8423
Title: Software Developer 3
Specialty: C#, .NET
Application Due Date: 3/20/2017
Additional Position Information:
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full-time contract position is located in the Asset Management and Engineering Applications (JST) organization within the IT department. The Software Developer 3 will develop and support our client’s information systems. The position calls for a self-motivated, professional team player with strong interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to interface with customers, understand their processes and requirements, and translate a set of requirements into computer source code. The Software Developer will code, test, build, configure, migrate, maintain, and document various vendor and in-house applications to provide business solutions using a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), graphical user interfaces and web services with software tools provided on a Windows platform. This position involves interpreting design specifications, coding software, developing and conducting unit tests, documenting and assisting with system installation and deployment procedures, following testing and change management procedures, producing system documentation requirements and working on a development team using a mix of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Position Responsibilities may include:
Note: all official drafts, documents, materials and recommendations, as listed below, must be reviewed, finalized and approved / accepted by appropriate manager and/or other federal personnel with the authority to do so.
- With manager/ Lead oversight and approval:
- Design, write and deploy .NET applications that use Web Services and socket based protocols.
- Design Web application development using ASP.NET and C#.
- Design, develop and conduct automated unit and regression tests.
- Provide server and IIS setup/configurations to support n-tier operations.
- Design and development of n-tier applications.
- Design and support of client/server applications written in other development languages (VB/C++/etc.).
- Document and implement software deployment procedures.
- Design, document, and communicate effective technical solutions meeting end-user requirements.
- Stand up, configure and maintain application environments.
- Perform design, development, and testing tasks using Microsoft’s .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WCF, WPF, and Web Services.
- Produce robust, efficient, and secure .NET code for applications that interact with end users in high availability environments.
- Develop n-tier web and client-server applications.
- Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment under the prevailing change management procedures and requirements.
- Work collaboratively with users and IT staff to design streamlined and efficient user interfaces.
- Coordinate development efforts with project management, software developers, functional SMEs, business analysts and quality analysts during the various phases of the SLC.
- Troubleshoot application and database performance problems.
- Productively integrate with an Agile development team.
- Leverage automated testing to consistently deliver reliable, high-quality code.
- Share functional and technical knowledge needed to develop and support client systems with others.
- With manager oversight and approval, when needed, assume the role and responsibilities of a project technical lead, which include the following:
- Review other developers’ code and provide technical feedback where necessary to validate that code follows our client and team coding standards and programming best practices;
- Break down technical work into tasks and provide reasonable time estimates for completion;
- Communicate status of project development work to project team, users, information system owner and others;
- Analyze and propose technical designs that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements which also optimize the long-term maintainability of the system;
- Identify and escalate technical bottlenecks and impediments to the project manager and information system owner;
- Produce required project technical documentation.
- NOTE: Education and Experience requirements are specific to this CWSD/position title, for use exclusively within our client’s IT organization, and are not transferable to other client organizations.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Post-Graduate College Degree in Computer/Information Technology or directly-related field is preferred.
- This is a level 3 position: 7+ years combination of education, certifications, and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or directly-related field is required. Applicable certifications will count towards 1 year of experience and each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience. Must provide a detailed accounting on the resume to include dates of experience and name/dates of specific coursework and certifications.
- Note: Equivalent related degrees will only count once. For example: A candidate with two Associate degrees in different Computer/Information Technology disciplines, will only be given credit for 2 years of experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated applications design & development experience developing secure applications using the .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and Web Services is required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated applications design & development experience developing secure applications using WPF or WCF is required.
- Current certification as a Microsoft Certified Software Developer (MCSD) is highly desirable.
- Expert knowledge of and skill in the following areas:
- Visual Studio (2008 or greater)
- Microsoft .NET (3.0 or greater)
- C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, CSS and HTML
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or greater) and/or Oracle (9i or greater)
- T-SQL and/or PL/SQL
- TFS, SVN or other source control tool
- WPF or WCF development
- Knowledge of and skill in the following areas is required:
- Demonstrated ability to consider and/or develop secure, flexible, extensible, and/or creative methods for application development.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and developing and applying of role based security models.
- SSRS report development.
- Experience integrating configuration management methodologies and techniques, including branching and merging.
- Experience developing unit-testing scenarios to exercise a .NET Framework application to simulate environmental failures and code failures.
- High degree of proficiency in contributing to highly collaborative solution development scenarios with the development team and program/design/debug applications using techniques listed above.
- Knowledge of and skill in the following areas is desirable:
- Microsoft AJAX and AJAX control toolkit
- Telerik .NET UI controls
- ASP.NET MVC 2 or greater
- Messaging Integration
- XML (utilization via DOM and/or SAX, XPATH, XML Schemas, XSLT)
- Database Replication Techniques
- nUnit or comparable unit testing tool
- Exposure to other programming languages such as Java
- HP Application Lifecycle Management
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, and deliverables and provide timely (daily) status updates.
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
- Consistently arrive to work and be on time to support the team and complete assigned work/deliverables.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Understand and follow established processes and procedures including change management, work tracking and time management.
- Keep abreast of technology advances, upgrades and patches.
- Provide a sustainable IT infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- The selected candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) as a condition of the contract assignment.
- This position may be eligible for situational offsite work, subject to the completion of an Offsite Work Memorandum of Understanding.
- RSA token shall only be utilized when conducting work directly related to the API. Any other work is unauthorized. Contract worker is responsible for the safe-keeping of the issued RSA Token at all times. If the RSA Token is lost or compromised, immediately contact the COTR. All information associated with the work performed offsite must be maintained in the network environment. No client information shall be allowed to be transmitted, stored, and created, etc., on the contract worker’s personal devices. Contract personnel must follow all client and government-wide security, asset management, and cyber security policies and procedures.
- Offsite work may only be performed within the client service area unless coordinated through the Labor Management Office (our client).The worker will keep employer informed as to the location of where work is being performed. Any changes in work location throughout the duration of the assignment must be coordinated with the Labor Management Office.
- This position’s standard work schedule includes our client’s core hours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Mondays through Friday, excluding Federal holidays.
- This position may be responsible for providing on-call and backup support for existing systems and functions and may require carrying a client supplied cell phone/pager and working outside of standard business hours when requested.
- In the Event of a COOP Exercise or Incident, the contract worker will be required to work off site to provide production support per roles and responsibilities outlined in the Organizational COOP Plans.
- Upon selection to the assignment, the worker may be required to complete internal/external training to support assigned equipment, programs or software, software upgrades, or to learn new client technology.
- A Valid US Driver’s license is required.
- Approximate Overtime: 5%
*Note: Attendance at all conferences, workshops, training, etc. must be pre-approved by our client. For any such events, requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis; approval is subject to the most current guidance provided by our client or DOE and is subject to change. Our client reserves the right to negotiate attendance on billable/non-billable hours and reimbursement of travel costs with the supplier. Reimbursable travel costs must adhere to the Federal Travel Regulations and be submitted via an expense sheet.