Title: Solutions Architect
Duration: 4-6-month contract to hire
Location: Portland, OR (some regional travel)
Our Portland based client firm is looking for a personable, motivated, and detail-oriented solution architect who has demonstrated experience planning, developing, and implementing large-scale projects while ensuring adherence to IT best practices. This person should have end-to-end IT knowledge and be an expert leader in mapping technology solutions to business needs.
If you are eager to be a part of a nationally recognized top employer serving a variety of end clients, this is the job for you!
Expectations for Solution Architect candidates:
- Partner with clients to translate business objectives into system requirements and define an enterprise-wide technology approach that encompasses multiple systems and various integration points
- Perform complete, end-to-end technology assessments and provide recommendations about which technologies are best suited to achieve project/business objectives
- Provide technical advisory services from design, development and devops for implementations with multiple integrations and software platforms
- Draft technical engineering plans, technical designs, and systems integration-related documents and deliverables
- Facilitate estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement technical projects
- Work closely with teams to continuously relay feedback for improvement on features and functions, ensuring sustained customer success
- Ensure compliance to the solution architectural design
- Educate, train and provide guidance for best practice and standards to key team members
- Explain technical issues and engineering solution strategies to stakeholders, executives and other technical professionals
- Ensure that solution architecture aligns with business goals
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with the specified solution architecture.
- Collaborate with project managers and other staff members to develop budgets and timelines for solutions
Preferred/Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-8+ years of successful technical solutions design and architecture experience required
- Consistent demonstrated ability to bring structure to complex, unstructured environments
- Functional knowledge of integration systems, with experience integrating enterprise software between various software solutions
- Experience in scoping, clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Experience creating and architecting secure, distributed RESTful services in an Event Driven Architecture
- A solid background with UML, Domain Driven/Object Oriented Design patterns and principles as well as concurrency, resiliency, caching and elasticity.
- Experience with both Legacy and native Cloud based solutions (AWS/Azure), including serverless, application containerization and cluster orchestration.
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process
- Experience translating business needs into concrete actionable artifacts, such as reference architectures, functional requirements documents and roadmaps.