SR Business Systems Analyst
Work Location: Remote US - NC preferred
Job Title: Technical - Business Systems Analyst
Exciting opportunity to work in a world class Legal Data company.
The SR. Business System Analyst (BSA) is responsible for understanding the requirements for a particular case, or step of a case, and determining how those functional requirements translate into technical specifications. The BSA translates functional requirements into a technical statement of work from which developers can code solutions. The BSA works directly with Client Services, Technical Project Managers, Data Analysts, QC Analysts, other BSAs, department Team Leads, and others to understand all aspects of the case and to determine and document the data-oriented solution.
• Understand the entire lifecycle of a class action or similar matter, determine what data is required based on functional requirements, and
define how that data and business rules will translate to internal applications.
• Develop and publish technical specifications, technical requirements, and other documentation, as required.
• Design data mappings and transformations which will be used to drive ETL procedures.
• Work with QC Analysts to design testing strategies and plans to ensure all outcomes are as expected.
• Using tools such as Excel, Access, SQL Server, and others, directly query, assess, and analyze data to ensure requirements are being met.
• Serve as liaison between Client Services (business) and Data Analysts (technical) teams to keep production work flowing smoothly.
• Work with Technical Project Managers to ensure all required steps and actions are captured in project plans, and that project timelines seem
• Lead, conduct, or consult in user acceptance test exercises to ensure results are acceptable and meet requirements.
• Follow prescribed software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and
• Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
• Account for and accurately log time against project work.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience as Lead or Sr. level Business Analyst.
• Proficient with MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
• Experience with relational databases and ability to comprehend moderately complex SQL logic.
• Basic understanding of data modeling and data organization desired.
• Experience with extract, transform, load (ETL) concepts, tools, and practices desired.
• Ability to work in an environment with immediate deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluent in English.
Work is fast-paced and performed in an office environment with extensive contact with clients and employees. The industry we serve demands the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in safeguarding client and project information.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.