Title: SR Business Analyst (energy efficiency program)
Location: SW Portland Metro
Duration: 1 yr contract
Brief Job Description:
Exciting opportunity to join a top client as IT business analyst serving as a liaison between business and IT stakeholders for a high value energy efficiency program initiative. Looking for a seasoned resource to understand the operations, goals and challenges of this client organization and recommend solutions. Must have a proven track record utilizing varied techniques to elicit, document, manage and analyze requirements and processes within an Agile environment.
As the IT business analyst, you may be called upon to provide user support, training, and problem resolution as needed. You’ll work within teams of IT professionals to design, develop, maintain, and support IT applications critical to the success of the client.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop trusting relationships between clients and IT through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Work diligently to partner with and thoroughly understand the business unit(s) you are supporting
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of elicitation, documentation and analysis techniques
- Partner with IT peers such as PMO, Application Development and Infrastructure
- Process modeling and knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Recommend solutions to best meet the needs your clients
- Work with users to identify software problems and coordinate actions required to ensure timely resolution
- Ability to identify, document and plan to mitigate risk
- Ability to manage solution scope & requirements, requirements traceability, maintain requirements for re-use and prepare requirements packages
- Provide solution assessment and validation
- Successfully generate and openly consider new ideas
- Ability to assess situations and determine appropriate action or solution
- Understanding of statistics and qualitative analysis
- Understand and be a strong advocate for IT standards and future strategic direction
- Meet or exceed internal audit, Corporate Governance and business ethics requirements.
- Develop an understanding of business issues and goals in order to use your IT consulting skills to provide the business with appropriate technical solutions
- Develop, demonstrate, and maintain a solid level of professional knowledge, skills, and proficiency with current tools and technologies
- Develop User Stories
- 5+ years’ experience as Business Analyst within IT Translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills. Ability to investigate and escalate issues.
- Testing experience
- Experience working with Agile methodology.
- Must have created deliverables such as User Stories, functional and technical requirements specifications, training materials, test plans, etc.
- Need to be a self-motivated results-oriented resource to be successful with this client. Assertive with political savvy is a MUST.