Req #: 16451
Title: Sr. Java Software Engineer
Duration: Direct Permanent Placement
We are looking for a mature and experienced full-stack software engineer/developer to join our client’s thriving application engineering community. Our client pride themselves on delivering a great customer experience. Whether it is developing cutting edge applications on the cloud or modernizing their legacy technology, your engineering skills will be used to develop best in class solutions. We are looking for individuals who can bring new ideas, new engineering methods to deliver agile solutions to our client’s customers.
This software engineer family brings an engineering discipline and best practices to investigating, architecting, designing and implementing new solutions and/or adding new features and functions to existing IT solutions, which meet our client’s business needs.
- The Sr. Java Software Engineer will lead in requirements gathering that will feed an iterative based methodology.
- Packaged Software and SaaS products are commonly identified, and utilized, within our client’s company, and are integrated with by new and existing solutions.
- Software Engineers are expected to be proficient installing and integrating these components.
Architect and Design:
- Designing solutions using an iterative, test driven methodology is the expectation.
- Software Engineers will write their own unit tests and perform the validation using contemporary tools, moving us towards continuous development/continuous integration.
- Production ready code is the target for all Software Engineers in this family.
- Data needs will be gathered, designed, implemented and tested by the Software Engineer using Oracle, Microsoft, or other data repositories.
- User Interface or User Experience design is the responsibility of the Software Engineer and should use a responsive design framework.
- Proto-typing is expected when introducing new approaches or techniques.
- Development in multiple modern languages is required with good proficiency.
- All architecture and design is expected to adhere to good enterprise level application security best practices.
- Software Engineers are expected to build and automate the deployment of their components/solutions into production.
- Knowledge or proficiency in the current industry toolset for this purpose is required.
Sr. Software Engineers have to possess and demonstrate systems and critical thinking and leverage that in a collaborative team based environment. The ability to play varying roles comfortably is required. They must be self-directed and have the ability to technically lead at a senior level. Working in a multi-vendor, off shore model is now the norm in the industry and Software Engineers need to know how to be successful in this model.
Skills and Education:
- 7 years’ experience developing in Java
- 5 years’ experience with enterprise integration service development
- 5 years’ experience working in Agile process
- 3 years’ experience with Spring Boot
- 3 years’ experience with microservice development
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Experience with Git
- The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have
- A history of successfully bringing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Experience with Message Broker a plus
- Experience with Data Power a plus
- Experience with Scala a plus
- Experience with Azure a plus