Title : Sr. System Administrator
Duration : Contract to Hire
Location: Downtown Portland
Immediate opening for Sr. System Administrator to join the growing IT team of our Downtown Portland engineering client. The ideal candidate will be a thoughtful, analytical, and high energy Administrator with advanced skills in Office 365 deployments and support. There is immediate need for expert level guidance on how to architect and manage the Office 365 platform to help their business scale up.
- system administration for Microsoft Window's networking technologies (e.g. DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Polices, File and Print sharing, etc.)
- Evaluate current deployments, document and make recommendations for improvements and scalable operations.
- Work with the IT team to develop and execute an implementation plan for all of the various services in Office 365
- Work with the IT team to develop and execute the migration of content and users from other Office 365 tenants from recently acquired companies.
- Mentor and coach existing team members on Office 365 and best practice administrative practices.
- Customer Service and Communication: Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to train and mentor technical staff on best practices related to Office 365 and related networking concepts. Familiarity with the concept of "Servant Leadership" preferred.
- Office 365: Must have 3+ years’ experience assessing, migrating, deploying, configuring and troubleshooting all of the included services in Office 365 (Exchange, SharePoint, MS Teams, OneDrive, Skype for Business) in a professional setting.
- Office 365 migration experience: Must have prior experience with migrating users and content from other Office 365 tenants or earlier on-premise versions of Exchange and SharePoint. While no specific number of years is associated with this is requirement, a qualified candidate should be able to speak to multiple use cases and scenarios where they have migrated content into Office 365 from other sources.
- Cloud and On-Premise System Administration experience: Must have 4+ years’ experience administrating cloud-based systems and tools in both native and hybrid cloud deployments.
- 6+ years’ experience in system administration overall with previous versions of Microsoft Window's networking technologies (e.g. DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Polices, File and Print sharing, etc.)
- MS Office Suite: Experience with supporting the distribution and configuration of the Office 2016 to multiple remote locations is preferred.