Duration: 1 year
Location: Tualatin, Oregon ( W2 or 1099)
A Developer Analyst III / Senior Developer Analyst IV is a high to advanced level position that analyzes, designs, develops, tests and documents business and database applications for client server and, Internet technologies. Position level depends on experience and qualifications. This position applies a professional-level knowledge of applications development and application administration to analyze, design, develop, test, implement, train, document, administer and maintain software applications and/or enhancements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in both the functional and technical design phases of application development.
- Develop software solutions based on technical and functional designs
- Test software changes received from vendors or internal programming teams.
- Work with users to identify software problems and coordinate actions required to ensure timely resolution.
- Participate in peer reviews of application designs, code, and test plans.
- Create and manage trusting relationships between line of business and IT through effective communication
- Strongly advocate for IT standards and future strategic direction.
- Meet or exceed internal audit, Corporate Governance and Business Ethics requirements.
- Act as a leader on business issues and goals in order to use IT consulting skills to provide the business with appropriate technical solutions.
- Develop, demonstrate, and maintain a solid level of professional knowledge, skills, and proficiency with current tools and technologies.
- Maintain professional knowledge of programming languages, operating systems, and database concepts required to develop business applications for
- Provide mentoring and support to entry level IT staff and the user community in general.
- Develop and support interfaces and applications.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties may include components of report development, Interface development and Web software, or development of smaller scale databases on standalone platforms, in compliance with IT department standards.
- Working with Systems Analysts, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance Analysts, the Developer Analyst will play a key role in maintaining a high level of quality assurance standards within the team.
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Management or equivalent work experience in related discipline.
- Preferred 7-10+ years programming experience developing business applications
- Valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record
- Thorough knowledge of coding
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Thorough knowledge of system integration methods
- Thorough knowledge of change management principles
- Advanced programming skills, including:
- Web Services
- Automated Testing
- Mocking Frameworks
- Visual Studio
- Advanced skills in computer systems, including Microsoft Office
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced database development and programming skills on both SQL Server and Oracle platforms
- Advanced presentation skills
- Advanced skills in written and verbal communication
- Advanced skills in relationship building, style flexing, and collaboration
- Advanced skills in conflict resolution
- Advanced skills in organization and prioritization
PHYSICAL/MENTAL ABILITIES AND PROCESSES
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a fast moving IT team environment
- Ability to work with others who may be confrontational
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Ability to work variable hours to meet business need
- Ability to report to work and perform work during periods of severe inclement weather
- Ability to consistently meet attendance standards for regular, reliable, predictable, full-time attendance