Job #r: 2775
Title: Supply Analyst (junior – mid level)
Duration: 3-year contract
Location: Portland, OR
Immediate contract opening for Supply Chain Analyst II is to support our Portland client with the planning and analytics related to operations and inventory requirements. Ideal candidate will have a proven track record improving efficiency in the supply chain, driving cost savings around inventories, and provide reporting on operational metrics to management.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supply chain planning to ensure optimal inventory levels and minimize backorders or shortage/surplus.
- Leverage forecasting and inventory planning systems to generate 12-month rolling demand forecast and purchasing plans and target stocking levels.
- Identify cost saving opportunities, project plans in support of company goals, and savings targets.
- Monitors supply chain performance by analyzing reports on time and quality metrics.
- Tracks, monitors and measures the benefit of implemented solutions for moderately complex issues, applying company policies and procedures in the resolution of a variety of issues.
- Influences, drives and manages change associated with standardization, utilization, and use of technology to affect cost savings and increase effectiveness and customer service.
- Obtains and analyzes information related to products, specifications, availability, contractual arrangements, service requirements and warranty coverage.
- Generate shipment, purchases and inventory reports, as well as inventory turns and forecast accuracy metrics for weekly and monthly business monitoring. Analyze performance data to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend needed solutions and process changes.
- Extract and analyze system data (with Excel, Access, SAP Business One) in order to identify and recommend improvements to supply chain metrics and performance standards using research, supplier relationships, industry knowledge and best practices.
Required Background Experience and Skills:
- Experience with process improvement activities within supply chain.
- Analytical and strategic ability.
- 2-4 years experience Database and ERP reporting skills, able to enter and extract data, create reports.
- Experience optimizing existing supply chain processes and identifying inefficiencies.
- Knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Bachelors’ degree required.