Job #: 8873
Title: Systems Administrator 3
Specialty: Domain Administration
Application Due Date: 2/10/2018
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This position provides project planning and project management expertise for facilities-related projects from requirements analysis to activation. Projects may include new facility construction, renovation, addition, system replacement, and space management projects involving architectural, structural, civil, mechanical or electrical systems. This position gathers requirements, plans, and coordinates activities for multiple projects to enable the project goals and objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
This contract System Administrator primarily focuses on Domain Administration. This position plays an integral role in building and maintaining the authentication and authorization environment, planning for and managing capacity and providing Domain support services. This work required of this position must adhere to THE CLIENT’s Cyber Security policies and be performed in a manner that is compliant with THE CLIENT’s audit requirements.
• Research, test and document standardized technical procedures for the deployment / troubleshooting of server hardware, the associated operating systems and application software.
• Perform system vulnerability assessments using vendor native (MS SCT) and third party tools (Nessus), recommending mitigation options based on risk of exploit after consideration of environmental factors.
• Schedule and perform risk assessments regularly and when vulnerabilities are identified on operational network equipment, such as computer systems devices and various software packages.
• Act as a service response escalation point, working with teams of varying technical ability in response to service availability and/or performance related incidents / problems.
• Provide recommendations for process / procedural changes that may become necessary due to environmental changes, upgrades.
• Support disaster recovery by verifying continuous availability of domain services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS.
• Serve as a technical advisor for project and service response and related tasks.
Apply the aforementioned processes/procedures in support of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft IPAM/DHCP/DNS
- Microsoft ADFS
- Microsoft DFS
- Microsoft Public Key Infrastructure solutions
- Hardware Security Module support for protection of private keys
• As requested, provide system administration expertise for special projects, which may include working with internal and external clients and vendors. This includes technical input and recommendations; automation solutions; and, other system administration actions. Confer with THE CLIENT workplace manager or federal team lead on a routine basis for project status updates and/or any project issues.
• Provide technical input and recommendations, as a non-voting participant, for potential acquisitions in area of expertise.
• Provide systems administration support for any new systems added to THE CLIENT’s IT infrastructure, assisting with testing, configuration, integration and implementation efforts, including developing test plans, implementation schedule, scope, dependencies, documentation, and user training.
• Create, develop / draft and recommend cross training and functional documentation of subject matter for THE CLIENT audiences; conduct User training on an individual or group basis as requested.
• Participate in THE CLIENT process workshops, including project lessons learned, group improvement and documentation efforts for procedures, processes, standards, guidelines, practices, and other technical and instructional material.
Education & Corresponding Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Information Technology or a closely related technical discipline is preferred.
• This is a Level 3 Position: 10+ years previous directly-related IT infrastructure administration experience is required without a degree (6+ years of experience with an applicable Bachelor’s degree). Each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience. Note: Must provide a detailed accounting on the resume to include dates of experience and name/dates of specific coursework. Equivalent related degrees will only count once.
Required Technical Skills & Experience
• 5 Years of knowledge and experience sufficient to administer disparate Active Directory domains and services necessary to support these domains such as DNS, DHCP, IPAM, DFS.
• 7 Years of knowledge of and experience sufficient to successfully troubleshoot Windows operating systems using text-based logs, windows event logs, and various utilities.
• 5 Years of knowledge of and experience with TCP/IP and related services.
• 5 Years knowledge of and experience with LDAP and integration of non-Windows based devices into an Active Directory environment for the purposes of centralized authentication.
• 2 Years knowledge and experience of Active Directory Federation services as well as federated identity concepts to support authentication in a SaaS environment.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Direct experience operating an enterprise cyber vulnerability scanning and assessment infrastructure such as Nessus.
• Experience configuring and managing systems using Puppet Enterprise.
• Strong knowledge and experience with PowerShell to automate processes, gather information and make infrastructure configuration changes.
• Windows operating system and software packaging, installation, and troubleshooting.
• VMware vSphere administration and operation.
Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.