Title:System Administrator 3
Specialty: VMware and VDI Administration
Job #: 9519
Application Due Date: 2020-05-28
Location: Portland, OR
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity with a full benefits package
This contract System Administrator 3 position will work within Data Center Services (JNDI) subgroup within the Infrastructure Services (JND) group in the Information Technology (J) business line of Client. The JNDI organization provides facility data center, storage, compute, virtualization, virtual desktop, operating system (Windows / Linux) as a part of the greater JN infrastructure services group. JND also augments facilities support for the production data centers.
• Serve as a senior System Administrator – facilitating the efforts of: setup, installation, and maintenance of servers in an enterprise Information Technology (IT) environment.
• Support customers directly; resolving desktop, application and related hardware challenges in a Citrix shared desktop / VDI environment.
• Support various thin client devices used as a platform to connect to centralized applications and desktops.
• Install and administer Microsoft Operating Systems including planning and implementation of patches supplied by vendors for security and bug fixes.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware problems as they occur, taking a proactive approach to resolve issues before they become major problems.
• Serve as a technical advisor to Client users and professionals and maintain open positive communications with clients.
• Support disaster recovery and verify continuous availability of virtual desktops and applications critical to the organization
• Troubleshoot hardware and system level problems.
• Build guest configurations for appropriate use case.
• Participate in a regular rotation providing “on call” support for VMware and VDI services.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Technology (or related technical field) is preferred.
o With an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in applicable fields, 8 years of experience is required.
o With an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree not in applicable fields or without a degree, 10 years of experience is required.
• Experience must include direct work experience in Information Technology performing System Administration.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• 5 years of experience supporting users in VDI or Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environment with ability to install and support software applications in a multiuser setting.
• 5 years of experience supporting VMware infrastructure and hardware.
• Demonstrable understanding of Windows security groups and effective grasp of NTFS permissions.
• Strong understanding of networking fundamentals, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft Technology Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or similar certifications.
• Experience with PowerShell, batch/cmd files or other scripting / automation method.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
About APR Staffing:
APR Staffing was born from the merger of two well-respected technical staffing firms in Portland. ieSolutions, founded in 2002, enjoyed an impressive reputation as one of the largest locally-owned and most respected technical staffing companies. Professional Resource Group, aka Data Resource Group, founded in 2009, also earned regional acclaim for being a fast-growing and highly-motivated professional staffing agency. Both companies have been recent award winners for the Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private Companies. The two firms, now as APR Staffing, make for one of the fastest-growing and most-respected professional and technical staffing companies in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative professionals. We provide only high-caliber, professional-grade resources throughout the Pacific Northwest.
APR Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.