Title: System Administrator 3
Specialty: Application Administrator/Systems Analyst
Job #: 9216
Location: Portland, OR
Job Length: Multi-year opportunity with a full benefits package
This contract System Administrator position will serve as the application administrator, analyst, and technical expert for the Facilities Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). This position will monitor the Facilities CMMS, verifying that it is operational and supports system users in the completion of daily operations and will support testing system enhancements and implementation of new or upgraded system functionality. In addition, this position will assist Client management with planning analytical work related to new and improved automated processes to meet the business requirements of Facilities Operations and Maintenance (NWF) programs within the Workplace Services (NW) organization.
• Serve as the application administrator and technical expert for the Facilities CMMS and represent the Workplace Services organization with regard to ongoing operation of the system. Serve as the technical expert representing Workplace Services on project teams for software upgrades, new functionality implementation, and process improvements.
• Operate the CMMS software, in both development and production environments, to compile, test, debug, and install software.
• Provide general application maintenance support including responding to customer trouble reports, troubleshooting and analysis of problems, developing and coordinating corrective actions, modify, test and integrate code fixes.
• Provide general application administration and development support including functional analysis, reviewing functional requirements, technical system analysis and design, develop, test, integrate and document application software, displays and databases.
• Assess the viability of new system functionality provided in the patches or new releases of the software. In working with the team of computer applications experts, provide input from a broad range of laws, regulations, principles, and practices. Translate Facilities related information and requirements into terms understandable by computer experts.
• Perform day-to-day administration of the system, verifying availability and accessibility. Perform system troubleshooting, corrections, and resolutions. Serve as the liaison between Workplace Services and Client Information Technology support, and between Client and the software vendor, for system related issues.
• Facilitate CMMS testing by assisting with the development of test plans. Collaborate with project/system staff on scope and rigor of testing, arrange for testers, coordinate test plans, implement Client management approved testing, and compile or assist with compilation of test results.
• Serve as an analyst and technical/functional expert and technical lead in the formulation and recommendation of operational improvements, and policy/process developments relating to the Facilities CMMS program for Workplace Services.
• Develop, generate, and analyze management reports, maintain data within the system and conduct quality assurance reviews to verify data accuracy; perform recurring and ad hoc analysis.
• Verify reliability and accuracy of system information through process analysis, process revision and by working with Client management to develop policy.
• With oversight and approval from the Facilities Operations and Maintenance Supervisor, provide technical expertise and instruction on software that is developed.
• As needed, provide after-hours consultation related to computer operations, CMMS program failure, system trouble-shooting or program revisions and assist Client personnel with correcting critical / emergency issues related to the operations of the CMMS program.
• Recommend software solutions and procedures to recover from malfunctions in order to keep downtime to a minimum for review, consideration and acceptance by Client manager / personnel.
• Design, develop and recommend software changes to improve performance for Client manager / personnel review and approval; install and implement Client management-approved changes.
• With Client Manager, or designee oversight and approval, provide training on applications and systems to other software staff and users internal to Client.
• Maintain documentation, files and filing system(s) in accordance with compliance requirements. Verify all official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes. Maintain file records in accordance with Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards and procedures.
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• Graduate-level degree is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information/Computer Technology, Business Systems, or a related technical field is required.
o With an applicable Bachelor’s Degree, 8 years of experience is required.
• Experience must include work experience in Computer/Information Technology or a related field.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• 3 years of experience conceptualizing and planning initiatives for data integration, gathering information, and performing business systems.
• 5 years of systems and data analysis experience utilizing both Excel and Access.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Access database design and administration. Expert proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables, charting and reporting.
• Experience in automating with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Facilities Operations & Maintenance/utility industry experience.
• Knowledge of building management systems (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, etc).
• Skilled in data analysis and reporting, especially defining reporting needs and constructing ad hoc reports.
• Ability to develop actionable recommendations on system and process improvements regarding data storage and analytic systems.
• Experience providing operational support for project management, data analysis and management, and business analysis.
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.