Job Number: 2419
Job Title: Tech Support Analyst
Duration: 3 month contract to hire
Location: Portland, OR
Immediate opening for Technical Support Analyst to join a top growing Portland based company. This team is currently looking for a resource to deliver innovative solutions to our employees. This role provides support for managing and resolving customer support requests. The selected candidate must be a creative problem solver with the ability to take ownership and responsibility of incidents: responding, reporting, researching, documenting, resolving and/or escalating incidents accurately and completely.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer ensuring proper focus is maintained and attention brought to customer needs.
- Utilize effective communication and expert technical skills to ensure timely and effective resolution of complex incidents, requests, and project activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues that involve local and wide area network issues, desktop, server and application issues.
- Manage life cycle of end user hardware and software, provision and deploy new systems and software installations, recycle and retire older systems.
- Evaluate, prioritize and disposition incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users.
- Open trouble tickets with vendors and assist in troubleshooting to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Assist the customer with solving basic technical problems.
- Investigate all issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions.
- Document and communicate with the customer through the entire lifecycle of the incident.
- Create, modify or remove approved account access for a majority of business applications including: Office 365, Active Directory, Microfocus E-Directory, ShoreTel Phones, etc.
- Create and maintain email mailboxes, groups, distribution lists and public folders.
- Provide on-call support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- 2-6 years of IT support experience including PC support (Desktop\Laptop) Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 experience
- Associate’s Degree with emphasis in related technical field, or an equivalent level of experience.
- IT Certifications: (MCSA, A+, N+, etc.) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Able to work independently and with minimal direction when necessary.
- Zenworks Configuration Management experience
- Active Directory and Active Directory Group Policies experience
- NetIQ/MicroFocus eDirectory experience
- Microsoft software updates and patching experience
- End point protection experience
- Wireless and LAN troubleshooting experience
- Basic understanding of Windows Server environments
- ShoreTel phone systems experience- preferred
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include: drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.