Job Number: 1817 - Training Specialist ( Tech Training/ security Awareness program
Location. Portland, OR
Duration start 6 months +
Brief Job Description:
Identifies technical training needs and establishes objectives. Sources potential training vendors and platforms and evaluates training options. In collaboration with managers and other areas of HR, selects training products. Coordinates implementation. Monitors vendor performance to objectives. Collaborates with project members, managers and employees to assess technical training needs and develops customized training approaches and methodologies, taking into consideration changes in technology, regulation or best practices and aligning to HR strategy
Develops and implements appropriate evaluation tools and methods to assess learning effectiveness.
Coordinates initiatives and projects to support employee and management development of technical skills through various channels.
Security Awareness Program:
In an effort to reduce the human risk in cybersecurity, physical security and situational awareness need to implementing a Security Awareness Program. This program ensures all current and future employees, contingent workers and vendors with access to locations, assets and technology are aware of, understand and comply with security policies, procedures and expected behaviors. We support all aspects of our Strategic Direction and culture shifts as we collectively pursue excellence in our work to deliver the best-possible customer experience.
A long-term, sustainable framework that brings together cybersecurity, physical security and situational awareness to increase awareness, understanding and compliance
What is the size of the team this resource will be working with? 6
- Instructional Design
- Typically, 4 or more years in training with at least two years of operational or technical training experience.
Preferred job skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of industry best practices related to area of discipline
- Advanced knowledge of learning technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of instructional systems design
- Intermediate skills in project/program management
- Intermediate skills in facilitation and presentations
- Intermediate safety leadership skills
- Intermediate skills in analytical thinking
- Advanced skills in problem solving
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Intermediate decision-making skills
- Advanced organization and prioritization skills
- Intermediate knowledge of business process interrelationships
- Advanced business acumen skills.
Advanced skills in change leadership
Intermediate risk management skills
Top 3 skills to be successful in this role:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of industry best practices related to area of discipline
Strong instructional design