Job ID: 8546
Position Title: Web Developer 3
Specialty: Applications Development, .NET
Location: Portland, OR
Duration: 1 yr. / multi – year contract
Application Deadline 6/7
Compensation type: W-2 or 1099
ieSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V. Security Clearance Requirement: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship REQUIRED
This full- time contract position (40 hrs per week) is located in the Business Applications Support (JSI) organization within the IT department of our large Portland client. The Web Developer 3 may be assigned work in either of the other JS groups on either short-term or long-term basis, depending on the organization’s needs. JS develops web applications in three of its subordinate groups:
- JSI (Business Applications) – development and maintenance of systems to support diverse business needs and management of the agency’s SharePoint platform.
- JSC (Agency Commercial Systems) – system integration and software engineering support for the agency’s commercial business applications.
- JST (Asset Management and Engineering Applications) – development and maintenance of systems that manage the agency’s assets.
The Web Developer 3 will interface with customers to understand their processes and requirements, and translate a set of requirements into computer source code. The developer codes, tests, builds, configures, migrates, maintains, and documents various vendor and in-house applications to provide business solutions using a RDBMS, graphical user interfaces and web services with software tools provided on a Windows platform. This position involves interpreting design specifications, coding software, developing and conducting unit tests, documenting and assisting with system installation and deployment procedures, following testing and change management procedures, producing system documentation requirements and working on a development team using a mix of Agile and Waterfall development methodologies. This position may also involve filling a project technical lead role, which involves working with the project manager and other project team members to coordinate development work (see additional information in the Position Responsibilities section). This position is located at client Headquarters in Portland, OR.
Position Responsibilities may include
- Design, write and deploy .NET applications that use Web Services and socket based protocols.
- Design web application development using ASP.NET and C#.
- Design, develop and conduct automated unit and regression tests.
- Provide server and IIS setup/configurations to support n-tier operations.
- Design and development of n-tier web and client-server applications.
- Document and implement software deployment procedures.
- Design, document, and communicate effective technical solutions meeting end-user requirements.
- Perform design, development, and testing tasks using Microsoft’s .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WCF, WPF, and Web Services.
- Produce robust, efficient, and secure .NET code for applications that interact with end users in high availability environments.
- Work collaboratively with users and IT staff to design streamlined and efficient user interfaces.
- Coordinate development efforts with project management, software developers, functional SMEs, business analysts and quality analysts during the various phases of the SLC.
- Stand up, configure and maintain application environments.
- Migrate systems to cloud service providers; maintain systems hosted by cloud service providers
- Troubleshoot application and database performance problems.
- Productively integrate with an Agile development team.
- Leverage automated testing to consistently deliver reliable, high-quality code.
- Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment under the prevailing change management procedures and requirements.
- Share functional and technical knowledge needed to develop and support client systems with others.
- Recommend system improvements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external vendors to support current systems. With client manager oversight and approval, when needed, assume the role and responsibilities of a project technical lead, which include the following:
- Review other developers’ code and provide technical feedback where necessary to ensure their code follows client and team coding standards and programming best practices.
- Break down technical work into tasks and provide reasonable time estimates for completion;
- Communicate status of project development work to project team, users, information system owner and others;
- Analyze and propose technical designs that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements which also optimize the long-term maintainability of the system.
- Identify and escalate technical bottlenecks and impediments to the project manager and information system owner.
- Produce required project technical documentation.
- Post-Graduate, Bachelor’s, or Associate’s College Degree in Computer/Information Technology or a closely-related field is preferred.
- This is a level 3 position: 7+ years combination of education, certifications, and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or directly-related field is required. Applicable certifications will count towards 1 year of experience and each applicable college degree will count towards 2 years of experience. Must provide a detailed accounting on the resume to include dates of experience and name/dates of specific coursework and certifications.
- Current certification as a Microsoft Certified Software Developer (MCSD) is preferred.
- 7+ years combination of education, certifications, and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or a directly-related field is required. Applicable certifications will count towards 1 year of experience and each applicable college degree (as defined above) will count towards 2 years of experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated applications design and development experience developing secure applications using the .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, WPF, WCF and Web Services is required.
Technical Requirements (Expert knowledge of and skill in the following areas):
- Visual Studio (2010 or greater)
- Microsoft .NET (3.0 or greater)
- C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, CSS and HTML
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or greater) and/or Oracle (9i or greater)
- T-SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- WCF and WPF development
Technical Requirements (knowledge of and skill in the following areas):
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and/or develop secure, flexible, extensible methods for application development.
- Knowledge of development with Active Directory and developing and applying of role based security models.
- Experience integrating configuration management methodologies and techniques, including branching and merging.
- Experience developing unit-testing scenarios to exercise a .NET Framework application to simulate environmental failures and code failures.
- Experience with Agile software development methods.
- Ability to implement security controls, in accordance with FISMA requirements, and to comply with other statutory and regulatory requirements.
- High degree of proficiency in contributing to highly collaborative solution development scenarios with the development team and program/design/debug applications.
Desired Knowledge and skill in the following areas:
- Microsoft AJAX and AJAX control toolkit
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Telerik .NET UI controls
- ASP.NET MVC 2 or greater
- SSRS report development - Business Intelligence Development Studio
- Messaging Integration
- XML (utilization via DOM and/or SAX, XPATH, XML Schemas, XSLT)
- Database Replication Techniques
- nUnit or comparable unit testing tool
- Other programming languages such as Java
- HP Application Lifecycle Management
- Developing and maintaining systems hosted by cloud service providers
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, and deliverables and provide timely (daily) status updates.
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users.
- Consistently arrive to work and be on time to support the team and complete assigned work/deliverables.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Understand and follow established processes and procedures including change management, work tracking and time management.
- Keep abreast of technology advances, upgrades and patches.
- Provide a sustainable IT infrastructure by supplying cross training and functional documentation.
- Ensure proper identification of self as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
- A valid US Driver’s License is required.
- This position’s standard work schedule includes core hours from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays.
- This position may be responsible for providing on-call and backup support for existing systems and functions and may require carrying a client supplied cell phone/pager and working outside of standard business hours when requested.