Job #: 9039
Title: Workplace Services Technician Level 2
Specialty: Warehouse Inventory Support
Location: Portland, Oregon
Application Due Date: 5/23/2019
Job Length: 1+Year Contract
This position will provide program and administrative support for management and coordination of required logistics services for furniture inventory to Project Managers in the Facilities Planning & Projects (NWM) organization and the Space Services (NWPS) Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR). Logistics activities include receiving, staging, identification and issuing of furniture located within Client’s contracted off-site Warehouse, and coordinating furniture disposal with Client’s Investment Recovery Center (IRC). This position requires support from Project Managers, Furniture Warehouse contracted staff and the Office Services COTR to effectively assist in performance of furniture program duties. Some scheduling and coordinating furniture remodels in office space using systems furniture will be expected. This position will also develop, create and review CAD drawings for small workspace adjustments.
• Maintain up-to-date understanding of real-time inventory volumes by product numbers/types.
• Validate furniture inventory is stored in a consolidated fashion that maximizes warehouse density.
• Create furniture pull lists in support of major restack projects.
• Utilize CAD drawings to capture, reconfigure and adjust minor workspace changes.
• Partner with CAD Support and other required parties to create new furniture cell numbers.
• Request and perform furniture cycle counts validations (physical count versus system) and maintain up-to-date measures of inventory accuracy.
• Verify all furniture items stored are listed with pictures, unit of measure and required specifications.
• Support Office Services COTR when applicable in the purchase/tracking of new furniture.
• Create and maintain inventory aging reports/utilization rates of furniture inventory
• Propose dispositioning strategies that best maximize product and warehouse square footage.
• Serve as the coordinator and POC for all office chair inventory pending cleaning or repair.
• Collaborate with Client Ergonomic Program Specialist to assist in procurement of specific ergonomic furniture.
• Coordinate furniture disposal procedures with the Inventory Recovery Center (IRC).
Education & Corresponding Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associates degree in Administrative Management, Logistics Management or a related field is preferred.
• 5 years of demonstrated inventory, warehouse, and/or purchasing experience.
Required Technical Skills & Experience:
• General knowledge of MS Project and SharePoint.
• 5 years of experience overseeing office furniture purchasing and/or inventory.
• 6 months of experience working with various CAD systems.
Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
Hard Hat is required.
Travel: Up to 10% between HQ and Ross complex
Training Expectations: Worker is expected to keep current on the latest technologies and skills required for the position.
Pre-Employment Requirement: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment screening that may include drug testing, background/criminal check, and if applicable, must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Founded in 2002, ieSolutions is recognized as one of the largest locally owned Talent Staffing Services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. We deliver our best each day to provide Reliable, Fair, Collaborative and Compassionate services to our customers, candidates, and employees.
Collaborating with our customers, we augment their workforce with technical and administrative talent. We provide information technology, engineering, operation, technician, analyst, project management and administrative talent to our clients throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Our employees receive a competitive compensation package which includes health benefits, disability insurance, access to a 401k plan, paid-time-off and a continued professional development/education benefit.
ieSolutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law